The Palm Beach Gardens Police Foundation is committed to the Agency’s growth and development.
To support this commitment, a Tuition Reimbursement Program has been established to reimburse education expenses to those Palm Beach Gardens Police Officers interested in obtaining a degree from an accredited higher education institution.
This program will assist Police Officers who meet the necessary criteria in financing their education expenses.
- Must be a sworn Police Officer in full-time employment by the Palm Beach Gardens Police Department
- Must have completed the Agency’s probationary period
- Must not be under any type of probation, suspension or prolonged administrative leave at either the time of application submission or disbursement of funds
- Must continue their employment with the Palm Beach Gardens Police Department for an additional 36 months
- Must be working toward his or her first Bachelor’s degree at a regionally accredited university or college
- Must maintain a 3.0 GPA for the semester in which reimbursement is requested
- Must attain a B or higher grade in the specific courses for which reimbursement is requested
- Must be a course offered by a regionally accredited university as determined by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) (http://www.chea.org/)
- Must be a course designed to increase the Officer’s job-applicable skills and ability
- Must be part of a degree seeking program that will enhance the skills and knowledge of the Officer
- Must be received, stamped and dated by the Police Foundation on or before the set deadline
- Must be fully and accurately completed, to include all necessary signatures
- Must be accompanied by all receipts, grade reports and other necessary documentation
Eligible Semesters and Application Deadlines:
The program currently is available for the Spring, Summer and Fall 2017 semesters at regionally accredited universities. The typical dates of these semesters is as follows but may vary slightly by each university:
- 2017 Spring Semester – January 1 and April 30 – Application deadline is May 19th
- 2017 Summer Semester – May 1 and July 31 – Application deadline is August 18th
- 2017 Fall Semester – August 1 and December 31 – Application deadline is January 19, 2018
Reimbursements are permitted for out of pocket tuition expenses only. Expenses that are covered by outside grants, scholarships or other financial aid that the student is not required pay back will not be eligible. Fees, books, transportation and other education-related expenses incurred are not eligible for reimbursement.